Senior DevOps Engineer
- Kupondole, Kathmandu
- Senior Level
About This Role
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be a part of one of the largest mobile app development companies in Nepal and an award-winning software development company in Australia. We are reinventing the way mobile applications are built, launched and supported, and providing state-of-the-art mobile app solutions to our clients. You will be part of a dynamic and multifaceted team closely working together in a full software development lifecycle. You will be responsible for the security and automation aspect of services and applications hosted on AWS, as well as for monitoring the overall system and verifying the integrity and availability of all server resources.
Talent Spotlight: What we are looking for:
- University Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent in relevant stream.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
The Impact Zone: Your Key Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of DevOps professionals, ensuring that they are productive, motivated, and aligned with the company’s goals.
- Ensure that the DevOps teams follow best practices in software development, infrastructure management, and deployment automation.
- Develop and implement procedures for DevOps operations, including security, access control, backup and recovery, and incident management.
- Continuously evaluate the infrastructure, tools, and processes used by the DevOps teams, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of infrastructure and systems required for software development, testing, and deployment, including servers, networks, databases, and cloud services.
- Manage internal and external servers, ensuring optimal performance, security, and reliability.
- Work with software development teams to ensure that the infrastructure and tools meet their requirements, and provide support when necessary.
- Monitor the performance and availability of infrastructure and systems, and take action to address issues and improve performance.
- Develop and maintain metrics to measure the effectiveness of the DevOps teams, and use this data to continuously improve the process.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends and technologies in DevOps, and make recommendations for their adoption where appropriate.
Expected Strengths and Competencies:
- Strong Knowledge of Linux/windows server setup and Management
- Should be proficient in any of the Programming languages (Python and GoLang Preferred)
- Strong Experience with CI/CD tools
- Strong Experience with technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
- Strong Experience with AWS
- A clear understanding of cloud services and computer networks
- Excellent team player/team leader
- Good communication skills
Beyond the Basics: Desired Strengths and Competencies:
- Knowledge of Linux Scripting
- IaC like Cloudformation/Terraform
Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
Competitive and Negotiable
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields