Web Hosting Service Level Agreement
EB Pearls – Service Level Agreement
Coverage and Terminology
This Service Level Agreement (SLA) applies to the customer or party or parties (“You”, “Your”) who hold a current account with any of the Web Hosting (the “Services” ) services from EB Pearls Pty Ltd and your account is current (i.e., not past due) with EB Pearls.
As used herein, the term “Web Site Availability” means the percentage of a particular month (based on 24-hour days for the number of days in the subject month) that the content of customer’s Web site is available for access by third parties via HTTP and/or HTTPS, as measured by EB Pearls.
EB Pearls will provide you with ticket-based technical support for setup of your account, access basic site set and other related issues at no additional charge. EB Pearls will not provide development-related support for web applications, scripts or components from third parties, scripts of installable applications from our Application Vault, or those developed by you.
You can send an email to [email protected]
Phone support is available Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm AEST [Excluding Public Holidays].
EB Pearls’s target response time to technical support requests is less than one hour. The response time depends on the complexity of the enquiry and current support request volumes.
Out of Business Hours:
You can always send an email to [email protected] and we will try to reply as soon as possible.
Objective: EB Pearls aims to achieve 100% Web Site Availability for all customers.
Remedy: Except under the conditions mentioned in the next section below, if the Web Site Availability of customer’s Web site is less than 100%, Nothing But Web will issue a credit to you upon written demand according to the following table:
|Total Downtime||Credit Percentage|
|98% to 100%||0 mins to 14 hrs 24 mins||0%|
|95% to 97.9%||14 hrs 24 mins to 36 hrs||10%|
|90% to 94.9%||36 hrs to 72 hrs||25%|
|89% or below||more than 72 hrs||50%|
The credit will be calculated based on the monthly service charge for the affected Services.
EB Pearls will do its best to announce any scheduled maintenance at least 24 hours ahead of time to the customer.
EB Pearls reserves the right to perform emergency maintenance without any prior notification, should it be deemed necessary to protect and maintain the security and integrity of the Service.
Customers shall not receive any credits under this SLA in connection with any failure or deficiency of Web Site Availability caused by or associated with:
- circumstances beyond EB Pearls’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of any governmental body, war, insurrection, sabotage, armed conflict, embargo, fire, flood, strike or other labour disturbance, interruption of or delay in transportation, unavailability of or interruption or delay in telecommunications or third party services, virus attacks or hackers, failure of third party software (including, without limitation, ecommerce software, payment gateways, chat, statistics or free scripts) or inability to obtain raw materials, supplies, or power used in or equipment needed for provision of this SLA;
- failure of access circuits to the EB Pearls’s Network or it’s upstream providers, unless such failure is caused solely by EB Pearls;
- scheduled maintenance and emergency maintenance and upgrades;
- DNS issues outside the direct control of EB Pearls;
- issues with FTP, POP, IMAP, or SMTP customer access;
- false SLA breaches reported as a result of outages or errors of any EB Pearls’s measurement system;
- customer’s acts or omissions (or acts or omissions of others engaged or authorized by customer), including, without limitation, custom scripting or coding (e.g., CGI, Perl, HTML, ASP, etc), any negligence, wilful misconduct, or use of the Services in breach of EB Pearls’s Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy;
- e-mail or webmail delivery and transmission;
- DNS (Domain Name Server) Propagation.
- outages elsewhere on the Internet that hinder access to your account. EB Pearls is not responsible for browser or DNS caching that may make your site appear inaccessible when others can still access it. EB Pearls will guarantee only those areas considered under the control of EB Pearls : EB Pearls server links to the Internet, and EB Pearls’s servers.
- Please note: Server downtime is not recorded and no credit is issued during scheduled or emergency system maintenance. Outages caused by the actions beyond Nothing But Web’ control including, but not limited to DoS attacks or other forms of intrusion are excluded from the uptime/downtime calculations.
- To guarantee optimal performance of the hosting infrastructure, it is necessary for EB Pearls to perform routine maintenance on the servers. Such maintenance often requires taking EB Pearls web and email servers off-line, typically performed during off-peak hours. EB Pearls will give you advance notice of maintenance requiring the servers to be taken off-line whenever possible. EB Pearls reserves one hour of Service unavailability per month for maintenance purposes. Such unavailability is not included in the Service Availability calculation.