5 ways to make money from a mobile app
Business owners considering mobile app development may wonder whether the time, effort and money involved in a new mobile app is worthwhile. And yes, while the cost may seem prohibitive, what many fail to take into account is the array of options for making money from a mobile app. Here are just a handful of examples:
- Use it as a shopping cart. The easiest way to make money through an app is by linking it to your website’s shopping cart and allowing for purchases to be made in-app. Since so many consumers spend time on mobile devices while they’re on the go, it makes sense to direct sales efforts towards a mobile app to make it simpler for customers to make a purchase whenever the mood or need strikes.
- Create a paid app. The next easiest way to earn money through mobile app development is by charging users to download. Of course, there has to be a reason for your users to pay, so the emphasis needs to be placed on delivering high quality content and support to those who download.
- Offer advertising. Perhaps you don’t feel as though there’s a strong enough market for your app to warrant charging a fee and know that your app should be free to download. How do free apps make money? They sell advertising space to other businesses. An Android or iPhone app developer will know the best presentation for these ads, how your users would best appreciate them, how to make them unobtrusive, etc.
- Sell your app. Even if your app isn’t making money for your business via downloads or sales of your products, you can still make money by selling it to another company who can take it and retool your framework to make it work for their own purposes.
- Find vendors to white label your concept. Developing a basic app, such as a social media platform, which can be configured to suit the needs of multiple businesses is another way to do the work once, then continue to reap the rewards as your mobile app is purchased by interested customers.
App developers in Sydney can rest easy knowing that mobile app development can be very lucrative for their clients, as well as for themselves. Mobile app development isn’t going anywhere as an industry, after all, and it’s always best to go where the customers and money are.Tags: app designer, app developer, App developer sydney, App development, app development sydney, develop mobile apps, digital agency sydney, Mobile app development