Delivering powerful pitches to investors is something all business owners, and most importantly new entrepreneurs, need to consider in order to start generating competitive profit.
According to Forbes.com, one of the biggest mistakes in trying to pitch an investor is the time you allow yourself to present your idea and deliver your message across. If you are not able to present your idea in about one minute, your chances of losing that potential investor are highest.
Clearly, a flawless pitching process needs plenty of attention to detail and a very clear focus.
Market trends that support the need to deliver powerful pitches to an investor
The market trend represents one of the most important sales-pitch statistic in helping the company acquire new customers. Here are some examples of market trend facts to tout in your sales pitch:
Did you know:
- 75% of industry leaders recently surveyed suggest they plan to double that department’s budget this year.
- 85% of businesses in your industry already invest in this service and have experienced 20% growth in the past quarter. (Source)
Key points that you should be aware of when pitching to an angel investor
An angel investor refers to the person that invests in startups that are not quite ready for venture capitalists. In other words, they represent the detail that could make all the difference, because they believe in your message before it reaches mainstream audiences.
So how do you approach these angel investors?
These are the key points of pitching to investors:
- Know your market, business and competition from top to bottom – In other words, make sure you are able to promote your business’s benefits accordingly and explain how your organisation can help solve a specific problem.
- Listen to what the investors are saying – Don’t rely exclusively on a prepared presentation, instead listen to their inquiries and answer them in a direct manner.
- Watch your body language – Your handshake is what matters here! Be careful about making it not too firm but not too subtle either.
- Dress accordingly – Make sure your outfit matches the meeting your are going to be a part of.
- Share your success stories – Talk about your customers so that it shows you are continually operating, even if in a small way.
- Contact your network for investors – Chances are you could meet someone who might introduce you to an investor.
How to create the perfect pitch
Think about delivering your pitch as a way to tell your story. If you can present your message in an engaging way and manage to relate your story to the investor, you are halfway there!
Here is an overview for the best way to approach pitching to a potential investor:
Your target market
Think about who you’re building your product for and refer to aspects such as how many people are in each market segment or how much they are currently spending
Make sure you have an answer to these questions: How will you reach your customers? How much will it cost? How will you measure success?
Even though this segment is often overlooked, describing what makes you different from your competitors ensures that you are building a unique solution to your prospective customers.
Investors invest in people first and in ideas second… talk about why you and your business partners are the right team to promote and execute the company’s marketing vision.
Your financial summary
The answers that you need to present your investors with correspond with the following inquiries:
- How much money has already been invested in your company?
- Who are the people that have already invested in your company?
- What are your company’s ownership percentages?
- How much more you need to go to the next level?
- Will you need to raise multiple rounds of financing?
EB Pearls can help you create the perfect pitch to attract investors and increase your sales! Make sure you get in touch with one of our representatives and start working on your business project today!