Why The First 10% of Online Projects is Most Critical
For a successful business owner, allowing the right time and budget for the completion of a project is mandatory. In order to provide full consistency and value to the final outcome of their business project, developers and managers need to pay close attention to each step of the process.
The ability to successfully manage a business project from start to finish requires relevant skills such as knowledge and experience. But even for somebody who is new at creating and managing a business, understanding the guidelines for a successful project management process takes time and focus.
According to PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), 97% of organisations believe project management is critical to business performance and organisational success.
What is the first 10% of your online business project and why is it so important?
The outlook for any business project should focus not only on the final results you expect to gain, but also concentrate upon the steps that you need to take along the way. When you don’t spend enough time and resources to the first 10% of your project, you might as well scrap the rest of the project.
So what does the first 10% of your business stand for? According to Ironpaper.com, 48% of people cited a website’s design as the number one factor in deciding the credibility of a business. Creating a user-friendly and responsive web design represents the first step to the successful outcome of your project implementation.
What are the guidelines to a flawless website?
Here are the key elements that are involved in the process of making your website successful:
- Appearance – You website must look modern and visually appealing. Consider questions like: How do your users navigate your site? What mood do colours on your website conveys.
- Content – The most important features of any qualitative piece of content is level of information and relevance.
- Functionality – From hyperlinks, contact forms, site search, event registration and so on, every component of your site should work quickly and correctly.
- Website Usability – the degree of usability says a lot about your website. Make sure that it is easy to read, to navigate and also easy to understand.
- Search Engine Optimisation – SEO benefits to your website range from lower costs and traffic increase to higher brand credibility and ranking above your competitors in Google searches.
Since this is easily the most complex part of the webpage creation process, you need to pay a lot of attention to the elements that account for web design and web development and web developing progress. This includes, design basics, HTML, CSS and web page editors
But it takes a lot more to be able to create a flawless website. A more detailed approach toward web design and creation involves, a digital strategy, project scoping, proper user experience, proper user interface design, web development and testing.
For a strategic approach to grow your business project you can contact one of our EB Pearls representatives and start driving your sales with the help of a brand new web design ecosystem today!
Completing your project on time and in an efficient manner
As a business owner you already know that the bigger your project is, the greater the number of steps involved. However, if you want to breakdown the essential parts of the process you need to be able to accurately determine which of these steps are crucial to the positive outcome of your project.
There are several ways you can go about this but make sure you ask yourself the right questions:
- What is the scope of my project?
- Does the schedule allowed for the project account for every step and for their dependence on one another?
- What are your budget finances?
- What are the resources that you will be depend on?
- What are the risks involved?
With that in mind… you need to spend enough time and resources to the first 10% of your project if you don’t want to transform the last 10% into another 100%. In other words, make sure you have the basis of your project development figured out before moving on to the other partaking steps involved in the process.
We can help you get started on your business project and provide all the tools necessary for creating a flawless website in no time! Get in touch with us today!Tags: business, seo, user experience, web design, web development