The uncertainty circulating during the coronavirus pandemic is something that is affecting every country in the world. The financial implications of the lockdown and social distancing measures will be felt for a long time to come. Signs point to an impending global recession.
During these difficult times, businesses will face many challenges, and it will be essential to stay focused on finding ways to reinvigorate and improve operations in order to generate new leads as we come out of the coronavirus crisis.
How can you do that in your business?
One way is to improve your site’s web design or to look for ways to interact with your customers via a new and exciting app.
But where do you start doing this?
Here’s how you can use a mobile app and website design to improve your business during the COVID-19.
Create an Interactive App Experience
Increasing the ways that customers can interact with your business will be vital in order to survive the financial downturn following the COVID-19 outbreak.
One of the most effective ways to do this is by creating an app.
US consumers spend an average of 5 hours using apps on their devices each day.
With app use being higher than that of the browser, if you don’t currently have a branded app for your business, you are behind the curve.
Your customers will look for the following in their app experience:
- Rich, high-quality content that is unique to your app: The app should not be a replica of your website; it should offer a different experience
- Your app should be easy to navigate and intuitive: Many apps are abandoned after a single use, and this is often because they are too complicated
- Create an experience that is personal to every user: To achieve this, link your app to social media sites or use customer loyalty data to offer suggestions
- For e-commerce apps, you should have a seamless route to the checkout: The easier you make your app to use, the more chance you will have of converting users into customers.
Hire an app developer to help you design the app that suits your brand.
Carry out an SEO Audit
One of the best ways to bring traffic to your website is through search engine optimization.
You may already have already optimized some of the content on your website. However, it is worth using the quiet spell to carry out some auditing and look for opportunities for improvement.
Improving existing content will improve the domain authority of your site; this will cause it to sit higher in the SERPs.
You can check every page on your site for the following:
- Make sure that every page has a minimum of 300 words
- Check that there is a primary keyword for each page, this should be used several times throughout your site
- Check or secondary keywords and ensure they are used in a natural way
- Check that there is a meta description in place for each page as this increases the chances of users clicking through to your site from the SERPs
- Use internal and external links within your website on every page
Apply all of these changes to all existing content on your site and it will improve the position of your site in the search engine rankings.
Run Usability Tests on Your Site
When your website design was initially carried out, it will no doubt have been tested by the website company.
However, as your website becomes more established, you will make many small changes to it on a regular basis. These changes can cause problems in the way that your site works that you might not pick up on.
It is vital to check for problems in your site. If you don’t spot them, your site visitors will and issues in the usability of the site may lead to abandoned pages.
However, this can be quite a long and arduous job.
The downtime that your business is experiencing may be the ideal time to carry out these usability checks.
To ensure your website is accessible to all of its visitors, you should check that it is compatible with any device, using any operating system, and any web browser.
Visit your site from every type of device possible: desktop, tablets, android smartphones, and iPhones.
From each device, use every available browser and check every function of the site.
Check Your Website Function
You will need to run a series of tests to make sure that your website is functioning fully.
These will include:
- Checks on web forms to make sure all fields can be completed and that your system is receiving the data
- Checks to ensure every internal and external link on the site works and leads to the right destination
- Make sure that all payment functions of the site work fully
Visitors to your website will expect it to load within three seconds. If it doesn’t load quickly, they will go to your competitor’s site.
You should also check the speed of your website using Google page speed insights. This handy tool will give you an indication of the aspects of your site that are causing it to load slowly.
Once you have run all of your tests, you should set to work on fixing any errors that you have found.
Once all of these are fixed, you should retest them.
Hire a Web Design Company to Create a New Site
Alternatively, the downtime brought about by the coronavirus might be a good time for you to develop a completely new website. Use a Web design agency to have a professional and high-functioning website created.
By investing in a new website now with improved design and functionality, you will be able to attract new visitors and meet the increased demand.
Check out our web design services here, or get in touch for information about website design pricing.