7 ways to increase conversion using your website design
Conversion rate is the ability of turning your website visitors into customers. So, to increase your sales you must first increase your conversion rate. It’s the starting point and foundation of boosting your sales.
But how can you do that? Conversion rate optimization usually takes a lot of time. There are companies and agencies which are entirely dedicated to improving conversion on websites.
The simplest solution to boosting your conversion rates is to concentrate on giving your visitors what they want, and how they want it: concentrate on resolving the prospect’s problem, give a guarantee to eliminate the risk, build confidence, and develop a reason to do something now.
The good news is that there are many ways to increase conversion on your website so you can find the one that suits you best. In today’s article we narrowed down the search to 7 techniques.
1. Always have a compelling and powerful headline
The headline is the first contact people have with your page. It goes without saying that an interesting and powerful headline is the key to make them visit other pages on website. Make them curious and excited about what they are going to read!
The headline can be a question, a surprising claim, a did-you-know fact, or you can quote a statistic. Keep in mind that whatever you choose, it has to bring some kind of emotional response to the reader.
Plus, don’t make your headline longer than 20 words, because you might lose your readers. And more importantly, the headline should be so clear that if a child read it, they should understand it.
2. Build a connection
You can build a connection with your reader by using two simple strategies: storytelling and testimonials. When you are trying to build a connection with your people, go after their trust first. Testimonials reinforce people’s trust in your brand, while stories give them the feeling that they know your brand personally, so they can trust it.
It is proven that storytelling is a strong approach for reaching out to your reader on an emotional way. It is a way for them to see that you are not just someone who wants to take their money, but someone who worked hard to build the company and is now offering high quality products/services to their clients.
The second thing to build a connection with your reader is by adding testimonials to your website. Testimonials are a 3rd party proof about how you run your company and about how much you care about delivering the best to your customers.
Testimonials are not just simple things people say. You can include:
- Case studies – The before and after case studies are very efficient to any reader.
- Customer testimonials – People really read what other people are saying about you. So, use it to your advantage.
- Third-party reviews – If someone or a famous magazine wrote something beneficial about you don’t be afraid to show it.
- Results of studies and scientific tests – In case someone makes accusations about any of your product, you can get someone certified to run some tests, so you can prove the quality of your products to everyone.
- Use photos and videos about your product – Photos and videos are usually very compelling to any audience. Utilize them to show your product.
3. Use simple words so people can understand what you are talking about
Always try to use simple words if you want your people to understand what you are talking about. Complicated business language does not attract people. Whoever will read your site, it is still a person, and simplicity and clarity work best towards making them understand your brand.
4. Make your call to action bigger and put it above the foldAccording to several studies, by having a bigger call to action button you can increase your conversion rate by 10% and up to 25%. It seems that the bigger your CTA button, the easier for people to click on it.
But even more important than the size of your CTA is its location. You should consider putting a CTA button above the fold. The ‘fold’ is the first thing people see when they land on you website, without scrolling.
5. No distraction
If you have too many things on your website design, people are going to find it hard to navigate on it. Plus, you want them to focus on a single action. In order to do that you should minimize or take off the things that are not significant or less important than conversion.
You can remove the sidebars and headers, the menu, any advertisements you might run on your website, and all the images that are not relevant to your goal. If you have less distractions on your page, people are more likely to engage in conversion.
6. A/B testing
A/B testing is a method that helps your website increase its conversion rate. This technique allows you to have two versions of your page, each one having a separate headline or a different graphic, different copy etc. So this testing software conducts 50% of people to page A and the other 50% to page B. Of course, both pages have a call to action button.
The winner is the page with more conversions, with more people who took action.
7. Make the buying process easy
The buying process on your website should be easy, end of story. Just a few clicks and done. Moreover, it should be available for everyone. It is not recommended to put too many fields in the purchase form, or to make people sign up to buy. Keep the buying process as simple as possible.
- Tip: put some “Next steps” signs so they can know where they should click: Order -> Personal Information -> Delivery -> Send.
- Bonus Tip: If possible, give users the possibility of free shipping. It is a powerful motivator.
- Useful Tip: Do not give users too many options. When people are facing more options they usually get lost and eventually they choose nothing.
What you need to remember is that there is no perfect way for increasing your conversion rates on your website. You should constantly check new and old strategies and see which one suit your business best.Tags: responsive web design, Web designer sydney, web development sydney, website design, wordpress web designer