More people than ever before are making use of the Internet, with more than two billion browsing the World Wide Web on a regular basis. With the number of web users growing at a phenomenal rate, it’s a good idea to provide web users with access to your company’s services on the move. Tablets, smartphones and other Internet-friendly devices can be used for online reading, communicating and shopping, so why not hire a web design and development professional to assist you in managing the project?
Getting Your Questions Answered
The way in which your website is designed will affect the overall user experience. A site that is easy to navigate will appeal to web users, whereas one that has flaws will not. To ensure you get the best click-through rate and have an edge over competitor sites, take the time to find a dependable company.
Prior to requesting quotes and testing out the agency’s solutions, ask the following web design and development questions:
- How Are the Services Priced? – Money isn’t everything, but when building an online empire you need to consider your financial constraints so that you don’t exceed the budget when focusing on other things, such as marketing, insurance, utilities, etc. If the company you work with offers a flat project price, make sure it corresponds to a clear agreement. Ask if there is a fee for additional features and shop around to ensure the project cost is reasonable.
- Are Results Measured Accurately? – Monitoring the progress of your online business is essential, because it allows you to focus on potential flaws and tweak things when necessary. A web design and development company ought to measure conversions and higher repeat traffic. If the results have been verified by clients and published, you can breathe a sigh of relief.
- Is the Track Record Clean? – Some companies may specialize in certain industries, which is why it’s best to find out what type of clients they have worked with and what results have been delivered. If they have ongoing relationships with clients and can prove their results with figures, this is a good sign.
- Does the Company Have Major Credentials and Qualifications? – Refrain from working with a company that has just started out because although every company has to start somewhere, you will need to entrust your business with professionals who are respected in the industry. Are they authorized? Have they been recognized for groundbreaking projects or special applications? Has their work been published in the media? Ask these questions to determine whether or not the main credentials and qualifications are on point.
- How is the Project Executed with Core Services? – For a company to be capable of handling your project from start to finish, the team of web designers and developers must have a particular set of skills. These skills should include copywriting, system integrations, mobile application development, search engine optimization and industry standard marketing techniques.
- Is There a ‘Go-To’ Person? – Ideally, a number of team members should be working on your project, but one in particular will keep you updated about its progress. The ‘Go-To’ person will edit, maintain and take accountability for the project’s success. Explore the communication process too, because receiving updates is key for ensuring a lucrative outcome.
In addition to asking the above questions when seeking out assistance from a trusted web design and development professional, it’s worth arranging a face-to-face meeting. This will give you the opportunity to see what the operation looks like. For turn-key ecommerce, Shopify and Magento web design solutions, turn to EBPearls – an agency skilled in mobile application development and online shopping.