If you want your online business to thrive, you need to make sure you have all the tools necessary to implement your goals and drive results. Whether you are new to online marketing or have plenty of experience running your company, the rules remain the same.
In order to make your website a success, you need to able to deliver:
- a responsive web design and good coding/programming
- a mobile app for your business that is available on both the AppStore and Play Store
- high quality content that offers visitors a reason to return, build trust and increase sales
- a streamlined client process
- good management of SEO
- a customised social media strategy to funnel users back to the website
What is the missing ingredient?
You can’t have an effective, functional website without an intuitive and responsive web design that ensures all customers are able to easily find what they are looking for. In other words, provide your audience with an enhanced user experience.
So what does user experience mean and why is it so important?
Make sure you don’t confuse user experience design with graphic design and web design. While the latter two focus on improving visual appearance and aesthetics, user experience has much more to do with the functionality, usability and efficiency of a website or a software.
The main benefits of user experience design:
- It helps users quickly and efficiently find information on your website.
- It encourages visitors to return and suggest your website to others.
- It has the potential to increase enquiries and sales.
If the content on your website is not optimised, users will leave… 61% of them to be more specific. According to uxr.ie, more than half of users said that if they didn’t find what they were looking for right away, they would quickly move on to another site.
What can you do to improve the user experience for your website?
- Make the navigation bar menu simpler
When you have too many items in your navigation bar you unintentionally tend to confuse and overwhelm your visitors as well. Depending on the number of items present in the menu, you should be able to organise them according to their importance and need. Ideally, it would be better to have less than 7 items in the navigation bar in order to keep things simpler.
Here is a quick way you can achieve this:
- group pages into drop-down menu
- move items down to your footer navigation
- highlight the pages you remove from the navigation bar in other places on your website
- Create a call-to-action on each webpage
The content on each one of your web pages should guide users around your website. You can enhance the flexibility and the flow of your site by simply getting rid of ‘dead-ends’, or the pages that don’t have any call to action.
- Make search bars easily accessible
This step is very important to ensure that your visitors can easily find the information they are looking for. You can do this by placing search bars in prominent areas on your site, such as landing pages, blog sidebars and so on.
- Place important information above the fold
When you place important information above the fold, meaning the area of a webpage that’s viewable before a user is forced to scroll, you attract the visitor’s attention a lot better than before.
- Create landing pages
A landing page will help you organise your website with regards to the type of services or products you are offering. This will provide users with helpful information and point them to individual benefits. You can also create landing pages for items on your site like newsletters or events.
Talk to us about your project
EB Pearls can not only enhance the user experience for your website but we can also help turn your visitors into potential customers. Our goal is to make sure your website will have an intuitive and responsive design that will allow users to easily find what they are looking for.
We can achieve this by:
- utilising web fundamental principles defined by Google
- adjusting your site to fit different device sizes and browsers without compromising content or style
Contact us here for more information on how to improve the user experience on your website and start generating leads today!