- Kupondole, Kathmandu
- Mid level
About This Role
As an IT Officer you will be a part of the one of the largest mobile app development companies in Nepal and an award-winning software development company in Australia. We are reinventing the way mobile applications are built, launched and supported, and providing state of the art mobile app solutions to our clients. You will be part of a dynamic and multifaceted team supporting the management of IT Equipment and IT infrastructure. You will also be responsible for maintaining the overall IT system and verifying the integrity and availability of all staff work machines.
IT and DevOps Manager
Talent Spotlight: What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
The Impact Zone: Your Key Responsibilities:
- IT Support: Provide technical support to end-users, including troubleshooting hardware and software issues, assisting with network problems, and resolving technical queries promptly.
- System Maintenance: Monitor and maintain the organization’s computer systems, including servers, networks, and peripheral devices. Ensure their optimal performance, security, and availability.
- Software and Hardware Management: Install, configure, and upgrade computer software and hardware components. Keep abreast of the latest technological advancements and recommend appropriate upgrades or replacements when necessary.
- Data Security: Implement and maintain security measures to protect the organization’s data and information systems from unauthorized access, viruses, and other threats. Regularly update and test backups to ensure data recovery in case of system failures.
- Network Administration: Oversee the organization’s network infrastructure, including LAN, WAN, and internet connectivity. Configure and manage network devices, such as routers, switches, and firewalls, to ensure reliable and secure network operations.
- IT Policies and Procedures: Develop and enforce IT policies and procedures to ensure compliance with relevant regulations and industry best practices. Educate staff members on IT-related policies and provide training as needed.
- Vendor Management: Liaise with external vendors and service providers to procure IT equipment, software licenses, and support services. Manage vendor contracts, evaluate their performance, and recommend changes or alternatives when necessary.
- IT Budget Management: Collaborate with management and stakeholders to develop and manage the IT budget, ensuring appropriate allocation of resources for hardware, software, licensing, maintenance, and IT projects. Monitor expenditures, track costs, and provide regular reports
Expected Strengths and Competencies:
- Proven experience as an IT Officer, IT Support Specialist, or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of computer systems, networks, and IT infrastructure.
- Proficiency in operating systems (e.g., Windows, Linux) and common software applications.
- Familiarity with network protocols, security systems, and database management.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of IT governance, risk management, and compliance practices.
- Familiarity with project management methodologies.
Beyond the Basics: Desired Strengths and Competencies:
- Relevant certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+, CCNA, MCSA)
Salary Range or On Target Earnings:
Competitive and Negotiable
Apply for this role
"*" indicates required fields